Dr. Akram Khater, Director: Akram is a professor of history at North Carolina State University. He has published extensively on Lebanese migration to the United States. He is also the Khayrallah Chair in Lebanese Diaspora Studies, a University Faculty Scholar and the editor of the International Journal of Middle East Studies.
Marjorie Stevens, Senior Researcher: Marjorie’s primary focus is on leading data visualization projects and enhancing the center’s archival research and development. Her public history training and ten years experience with genealogical research contributes to the growth of exhibits, the online archive, and the preservation of personal stories and analytic data about the Lebanese diaspora. She received her M.A. in Public History from North Carolina State University in 2012.
Claire Kempa, Archivist: Since her appointment as the center’s archivist in May 2017, Claire has spearheaded the growth of the digital archive with emphasis on locating, digitizing, and making accessible, historic Arabic newspapers published in the United States. She has also overseen the acquisition of two of the center’s largest collections from the Mokarzel and El-Khouri families. She received her M.A. in Public History from North Carolina State University in 2017, a B.A. in History from Colorado Mesa University in 2008, and a B.A. in English Literature from Mills University in 2005.
Kristen Porter, University Program Associate: Kristen graduated from Peace College in 2008 with a B.A. in Business Administration and Spanish with a concentration in International Business. She can read and write Spanish fluently and can speak it at an advanced level. At the center, she handles numerous duties such as budget and accounting, human resource management, purchasing, event planning, photography, travel arrangements, and website editing. Before starting with the Khayrallah Center, she worked for the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for over five years.
- Mr. Devon Akmon (Director, Arab American National Museum)
- Dr. Donna Gabaccia (University of Toronto Scarborough)
- Mr. Greg Hatem (CEO of Empire Enterprises, Raleigh)
- Judge James Kaddo (Los Angeles Court)
- Dr. Moise Khayrallah (Chairman of the Board, Aerialbio corp., Raleigh)
- Dr. Philip Khoury (Associate Provost and Ford International Professor of History at MIT, Cambridge)
- Dr. Linda Jacobs (Independent Scholar, New York)
- Dr. Tarek Mitri (Ex-Minister of Information & Culture, Head of UN delegation for Libya; Beirut)
- Dr. Tiffany Barnes (Department of Computer Science, NC State)
- Dr. Lily Balloffet (Western Carolina University)
- Dr. Christopher Healey (Department of Computer Science, NC State)
- Dr. Judy Kertesz (Department of History, NC State)
- Dr. Blair Kelley (Department of History, NC State)
- Dr. Shea McManus (Department of Anthropology & Sociology, NC State)
- Dr. Graham Pitts (International Studies, NC State)
- Dr. Rita Stephan (Sociology, NC State Affiliated Researcher)
- Connections-NC, Inc., wiki
- Digital Innovation Lab, @dh_unc
- NC Humanities Council, @NCHumanities
- NC Language and Life Project, @NCState
- NC Museum of History, @NCmuseumhistory
- NC State College of Design, @NCStateDesign
- NC State Department of Public History, @NCSUHistory
- NC State Libraries, @NCSULibraries