The Khayrallah Center will begin accepting applications for its 2021 Khayrallah Prize competition on June 1, 2021. The Khayrallah Prize recognizes the best artistic expressions of Lebanon and the Lebanese Diaspora.
Whether in visual art, written work, performance or electronic medium, the Khayrallah Prize identifies, awards and publicly honors those whose original work focuses on any aspect of life in Lebanon, or among Lebanese immigrants, whether in the past or present. The winner will receive a monetary prize of $10,000, and will be invited to receive the prize at a public ceremony with a presentation of their winning contribution.
- Only work per entrant may be submitted, and not a body of work. Thus, one film, one book, one painting, etc. rather than multiples of works.
- All entrants need to submit a typed, single spaced biographical sketch. This typed narrative should not exceed ONE (1) page in length. This needs to be in English.
- In addition, all entrants must submit a typed, double spaced narrative (in English) that describes their artwork and how they think it expresses the Lebanese diasporic experience. This statement should not exceed THREE (3) pages in length. Submissions without a statement will not be judged. Both of these can be submitted via mail (see below for address) or emailed to email@example.com with Khayrallah Prize in the subject line.
- The language of written works and audio visual entries may be Arabic, English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
- If you are submitting a published book then please send a PDF electronic copy with your completed application;
- If you are entering artwork into the competition, then attach your work in digitized format. Make sure original photographs, sculptures, paintings, etc. are available in the event the selection team chooses to view them.
- If you are entering an audio or visual production (film, documentary, music composition, etc.) for the Khayrallah Prize then please send a digital link to the screener or recording.
- Email all entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Khayrallah Prize in the subject line
Deadline for 2021 Submissions: Submission period opens June 1, 2021 and the deadline for receiving all applications is October 1, 2021.
Questions and queries may be sent to email@example.com